Soon the warmer weather will be rolling in and the days will become longer! The internet will flood with pictures of cute baby animals of all kinds, and talk about spring break is sure to come. Rain season will start shortly afterwards followed by the flowers of course! This is the time of year for New Beginnings for many people as everything slowly comes back to life.
I decided to pull together spring appropriate ideas for activities, makeup, and outfits to help you make the most of your spring this year. Somethings you have to plan in advance, but other things you can go ahead and just wing it!
Spring has come around and it’s finally warming up. You are itching to finally get out of the house. So what are you going to do? Here are my suggestions…
1. Grab a friend, jump in the car, and roll the windows down on your way to pick up milkshakes (or ice cream, that works too)! And sit outside, enjoy the sun, and some sweetness!
2. Go strawberry picking! Fresh strawberries for considerably cheaper than what you can find at the store. Strawberries are my all time favorite fruit so I try to go every year!
3. Start a garden! Mini-window sill gardens are easy to care for and add color to a bare window. They also freshen up the air and if you are lucky they can produce a yummy treat!
4. Attend a festival! All kinds of festivals will soon be popping up from music festivals, to food, movie, or even flower festivals! I can’t wait to go to my local tulip festival coming up soon!
5. When it really starts to warm up, you could even go hiking! If you love the natural beauty of the mountains, I recommend that you go just as the green starts to come back. It can be surreal to walk about as all the trees are just waking up from their winter naps.
6. If you are a nature lover, but don’t want to go to the mountains to see some beauty, you could go see the cherry blossoms bloom in DC.
7. Take a nap when it rains. I love to take naps when it rains. It just soo smoothing and relaxing!
8. Don’t forget to make wishes with the wild flowers!
For those of you who are looking into reviving your makeup and adding some color this spring… You could add a bright, floral color lipstick or a vibrant purple eye shadow. If you are really wanting to try something new, you could try colored mascara! I keep hearing about NYX colored mascara
As for classics, you could go for a light pink almost nude lip and use sun-kissed bronzer or a nice rosy cheek.
As much as I love winter clothes I can’t help but want to finally shed the coat and those heavy snow boots once spring starts. For basics I love rompers, jumpers, and jumpsuits
for spring. If you can find one with simple and uncomplicated straps, they are amazing and easy to wear even into late summer. Then for shoes, you could pair nude heels with light pinks and mints, or you could pair a knee high boot with your shorts for those days when it’s still a bit too chilly to go out completely bare legged. If you are like me and tend to have a go-to set of shoes around the house for errands, you can pick a breezy pair of toms or a nice set of flip flops.
If your spring tends to be a bit colder, you could start the transition by layering sweaters over your dresses until it’s warmer. I usually carry a backpack around to stuff my sweater in when it really warms up, and take it back out later when it becomes colder again.
For accessories I usually carry a backpack for festivals or long walking trips and a pair of sunglasses. I’m a huge fan of bug eyed sunglasses. It just kinda blows my mind how they seem to completely change the dimensions of my face. Cute, petite necklaces are also a nice addition too.
I really hope this helped to give you some ideas for your spring! I hope that you can make the best of it and…